- How do I know what size I am?
Tecovas boots fit true to size (i.e., you should probably order what you normally wear). Once you’ve bought a pair that fits, the same size will always fit. See our Fit Guide for more info about sizing and our Try-On Guide for detailed fit instructions. Here are a few sizing tips from the pros:
- If you are typically between two women's half sizes (e.g., 8 and 8.5), order the smaller of the two! Unlike many brands, we use standard U.S. sizing, which means only one full size difference between men's and women's sizes.
- If you are going to measure your feet, measure them in the evening when they are largest!
- Still not sure what to buy? When in doubt, go with your dress shoe size! Typically, athletic shoes run small (i.e., your number size will be larger than normal), but dress shoes tend to run true to size.
- Do y'all have a size conversion chart?
Yes! You can use this handy chart to compare men's, women's and other country standard sizing.
- When will my boots arrive?
Our boots typically ship from our central U.S. warehouse 1-2 business days after the order is placed. Please note that our warehouse only ships Monday-Friday. Here's what you can expect for arrival based on the shipping option you selected:
- Free Shipping - Our free shipping ships via UPS Ground and typically takes 2-5 business days to reach its destination
- 2 Business Day Shipping - If you ordered before 1pm CST, these will arrive in 2 business days by end-of-day (if you ordered after 1pm, add 1 business day)
- Next Business Day Shipping - If you ordered before 1pm CST, these will arrive the next business day, usually by 10:30AM local time (if you ordered after 1pm, add 1 business day)
You will get an email with tracking information as soon as your order ships from our warehouse! Please allow 12 hours for the tracking number to work (it is generated before the package leaves the facility).
- What is your return policy?
Returns are complimentary for items that are returned in unworn condition (e.g., the sole paint is not chipped) within 30 days of your receipt of the items. We want to make things easy for you, so we’ve included a free return shipping label in your box. Please place it on your re-sealed shipper box and drop it off at a UPS location. Please allow 5-7 business days for the order to reach our warehouse and another 3-5 business days for us to process the return.
- What about exchanges?
We are happy to accept exchanges on unworn merchandise for 30 days after receipt. Just shoot us a note at email@example.com. Please allow 5-10 business days for us to process the exchange, which will then be sent back via free UPS Ground shipping (3-5 business days).
- How do I tell if my boots fit?
Great question! Please consult our Try-On Guide once you’ve made your after purchase. Here's the short version:
- If you can, try your shoes on in the evening when your feet are the largest.
- They should not be too easy to put on at first (you should hear a nice "plop" once your heel falls into place).
- Be careful not to press down on the toe box as this can cause permanent damage (our boots don't have steel toes)!
- A small amount of heel slippage (up to half an inch) is normal and expected until the sole breaks in. Sole damage makes them ineligible for return!
- Note: Please try on boots on a carpeted surface until you’ve decided to keep them. Sole damage makes them ineligible for return!
- How do I take care of my boots?
Your boots should last for many years with proper care and re-soling. Here are some quick care tips:
- Store boots in a dry place with a shoe tree or newspaper inside
- Alternate boot-wearing days to allow boots to properly dry out
- Clean boots with a damp cloth
- Condition boots regularly with a good leather conditioner
- Polish boots as desired using a neutral or color-matching cream
- Find a good cobbler when the boot needs re-soling or a new heel (and keep that well-worn leather!)
- Important note: Be careful not to press down on the toe box as it can cause permanent damage! Our boots don't have steel toes!
- When will you release new styles?
New styles and leathers are always in the works. The best way to avoid missing a release is to join our email list. Want a style you don’t see? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We listen!
- Can I order custom boots?
We don't make any boots to order, so unfortunately neither custom nor personalized boots are an option. If the size or style isn't on our website, we don't make it. That said, we offer a wide range of sizes to accommodate as many folks as possible, including 7-14 in two widths for guys and 5-12 for gals!
- Do you ship outside the continental U.S.?
We only ship to the continental U.S. right now. We’ll be shipping internationally in the future, so hang tight! If you can’t wait, have a friend in the lower 48 order a pair and send them to you.